1120 North Ocoee Street
is a liberal arts university sponsored by the
. It began in 1918 as
across from the Tomlinson house and after a short period in Sevierville moved to its present location in 1947. One building on campus dates back to the time when the site was a Methodist women’s college called
Other buildings were built by
which operated on this location from 1932 until 1947. These buildings include a dormitory and class room building used by Billy Graham when he attended
. Many of the facilities which provide for over 3,800 students are in a neo-Georgian architectural style. Numerous events in the history of Lee are depicted in a three-story photographic mural in the lobby of the
for the Humanities.