Beersheba Springs, TN
Beersheba Springs Methodist Assembly
In 1833 Mrs. Beersheba Porter Cain discovered the Chalybeate Springs, which soon brought visitors and commerce to the area including cabins, a hotel and a tavern. When
was first created in 1844, the County Court met at Beersheba Springs. The Springs soon became one of the most famous spas of the nineteenth century. The Tennessee Methodist Conference bought Beersheba Springs and opened a camp ground on the site in 1942. A Tennessee Historical Marker is located at the Beersheba Inn, part of which dates back to 1837.